Dr. Brian Zelickson is an internationally recognized expert in dermatology, best known for his research about the effects of energy-based devices on the skin. Dr. Zelickson is the USS Minnesota Medical Director and actively sees medical and cosmetic dermatology patients at Zel Skin & Laser Specialists in Edina, Minneapolis, and Plymouth, Minnesota.
United Skin Specialists is a Physician-led organization. The Medical Advisory Board is composed of physician-owners and is involved in the medical management of USS and the individual clinics. The MAB members are the direct report for all clinical committees.
Dr. Zelickson is currently a faculty member at the University of Minnesota Medical School’s Department of Dermatology and participates in the training of the Dermatology residents and Mohs fellows. He is a former President of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. He previously served on the Government Liaison/Blue Ribbon Committee for ASLMS and developed course work used across the country to train physicians in laser techniques.
Dr. Zelickson’s special medical interests include laser tissue interaction and teledermatology. He is nationally recognized for his accomplishments and contributions to laser medicine and surgery and has published more than 70 medical journal articles. He has also partnered with major companies in the dermatology field, including Candela, Solta, Palomar, Sciton, Lumenis, Syneron, Ulthera, Eleme, Zeltiq, and Medicis.
Dr. Zelickson has been involved in medical device development over the past 20 years. He has over 20 patents and has been involved in the invention and development of multiple medical devices in Dermatology and Gastroenterology.
Dr. Zelickson graduated from the University of Colorado in 1982 and the Mayo Medical School in 1986. His post–graduate medical training included the Hennepin County Medical Center and the Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine. In 1990, he received special training in Immunoelectron microscopy under a fellowship at the University of North Carolina.
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- American Academy of Dermatology (Board Certified)
- American Dermatologic Association
- Society of Investigative Dermatology
- American Society of Lasers in Surgery and Medicine
- Minnesota Dermatologic Society
- American Medical Association
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Hennepin County Medical Society
- University of Minnesota Medical School (Assistant Professor and Director of Electron Microscopy Laboratory)
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Fairview University Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Electron microscopy of the skin
- Cutaneous light and laser interactions
- Laser therapy