Dr. Brian Zelickson is the CEO of United Skin Specialist, LLC. As an internationally recognized expert in dermatology, he is best known for his research about the effects of energy-based devices on the skin.
Dr. Zelickson graduated from the University of Colorado in 1982 and the Mayo Medical School in Rochester, Minnesota, in 1986. His post–graduate medical training included one year at the Hennepin County Medical Center and three years at the Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine. In 1990, he received special training in Immunoelectron microscopy under a fellowship at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Dr. Zelickson is currently a member of the faculty at the University of Minnesota Medical School’s Department of Dermatology and participates in the training of the Dermatology residents and fellows.
Dr. Zelickson previously served on the Government Liaison/Blue Ribbon Committee for the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS) and developed ASLMS course work that is used across the country to train other physicians in laser techniques. He is a former President of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery.
Dr. Zelickson’s special medical interests include laser tissue interaction and teledermatology. He is nationally recognized for his accomplishments and contributions to laser medicine and surgery and has published more than 30 medical journal articles. Dr. Zelickson has also partnered with a majority of the major companies in the dermatology field, including Candela, Solta, Palomar, Sciton, Lumenis, Syneron, Ulthera, Eleme, Zeltiq, and Medicis.
Dr. Zelickson has also been involved in medical device development over the past 20 years participating in the invention and development of multiple medical devices in Dermatology and Gastroenterology.
Dr. Zelickson’s Professional Memberships and Associations include:
- American Academy of Dermatology (Board Certified)
- American Dermatologic Association
- Society of Investigative Dermatology
- American Society of Lasers in Surgery and Medicine
- Minnesota Dermatologic Society
- American Medical Association
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Hennepin County Medical Society
- University of Minnesota Medical School (Assistant Professor and Director of Electron Microscopy Laboratory)
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Fairview University Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Electron microscopy of the skin
- Cutaneous light and laser interactions
- Laser therapy